Tuesday, November 30, 2010
The new CRAVE Seattle book has officially launched! CRAVE Seattle is a celebration of women entrepreneurs that showcases some of the most creative, interesting and gutsy proprietors throughout Seattle. Check it out! And check out the CRAVE site to see if there's one in your city!
Friday, November 26, 2010
Kristin Knych has been designing for Pink Light for over a year now and there are some exciting things happening with her work! Look for Kristin's designs on greeting cards, gift wrap, tissue paper, and gift totes for one of our great clients, Design Design! Also, Kristin's first scrapbook collection for Momenta will be released in 2011 as well! I will keep you posted on more details. Thanks Kristin for your amazing work!
When I asked Kristin about the top five things that make her happiest in life, she replied:
1/ Treasure hunting at garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores
2/ A perfectly ripe banana
3/ Sending and receiving cards in the mail
4/ Being creative
5/ A bike ride through the fall leaves.
Here are a few of Kristin's designs. Enjoy!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Pink Light artists are busy working on lots of Holiday and Christmas designs! It's so much fun to work on Holiday designs when it's snowing outside!
Here's a sneak peek at the first piece in my new collection...from sketch...
to final design...I've added a woodgrain texture to this collection which I'm really excited about. Makes it look natural and a bit rustic...more to come.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
I'm excited to share another new artist, Angela Nickeas! Angela's designs are spot on for Pink Light as they are fun, bright, and full of happiness! Angela is one of our newest artists and we have just recently licensed one of her newest collections for scrapbooking. More details to come! Stay tuned!
When I asked Angela about the top five things that make her happiest in life, she replied:
1. My wonderful husband and daughter-who are a constant source of laughter.2. Interior design3. Beautiful butterflies4. Good food and good restaurants5. A cup of tea (or 10)!
And a few of Angela's designs for Pink Light...Enjoy!
I am excited to announce one of our newest artists, Diana Skylacos. She studied Illustration at The College for Creative Studies in Detroit, Michigan. Since graduating in 2008, Diana has been working for a paper goods company, advertising agency and greeting card company. Her work has appeared on greeting cards, packaging, party products, magazine covers and advertising. Drawing and patterning are Diana's favorite things besides playing softball. She also likes cream soda, pizza, and shoes, and has a pet tortoise named Boris.
When I asked Diana the top things that make her happiest in life and as an artist, her reply was:
Ruffles not the chips
Drawing with Brush Pens
and a few of Diana's pieces for Pink Light. Enjoy!
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
I've been thinking today about a few lessons I've learned lately...
1. Sometimes taking a little break is the best thing to do.
2. Mistakes are the big lessons. Learn from them. Come up with a solution so that you don't repeat them.
3. Get your sleep so that your pink light can shine!
4. Don't worry about getting too much sleep because your business (your art) is your passion. Your passion makes your light shine!
5. Know the difference and balance between numbers 3 and 4. :)
6. Have a vision board. Constantly update it. Keep it in a place you see every day. It works!
7. Be grateful. For everything. Even if things don't seem to be going your way. If you stop being grateful, return to number 1. Take a break until you find your gratitude again. :)
Thank you to everyone who has supported Pink Light in the last 1.75 years! It has been such an adventure! I'm getting excited for 2011 and I can't wait to share all of the great artwork that our artists have been creating!