Friday, April 2, 2010

Pink Light News: Artist Highlight: Louise Owens of Lovelittle

Lovelittle for Pink Chandelier
Lovelittle for Pink Chandelier

Louise Owens is one of the fabulous artists who is represented by Pink Light under her studio name, Lovelittle. She has been sending in amazing new designs for our Pink Chandelier line and she will be featured in our new and improved website to launch in July! Louise is so talented!


I asked Louise to tell us a bit about herself:

I am screen printer, surface pattern designer and luggage design consultant.

After graduating with a BSc hons in Textile design I went on to work for Paul Smith before becoming a Luggage designer for Antler Ltd based in Manchester.

In August 2009 I took voluntary redundancy from my Senior Designer position to concentrate on my ambition to become a freelance print designer and also devote more time to my love of screen-printing. Since August I have been commissioned by Graham and Brown to create four bespoke pieces of wall art as well as working with Tigerprinters (Hallmark) based in Bradford.

In early 2009 I started the brand lovelittle and I have since developed my style and printing skills, and I now have a solid collection of hand screen-printed pictures, gift paper, bags, baby clothes and cards. I am fascinated by traditional crafts and I have currently expanded my skills and learned letterpress and book binding.

I am truly passionate about what I do and I love creating quirky, naive and yet beautiful designs that people of all ages can appreciate.

Here are a few of Louise's other lovely designs.



No comments:

Post a Comment