Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy EARTH DAY!



The Peace of the Wild Things

When despair for the world grows in me 
and I wake in the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's live may be 
I go and lie down where the wood drake 
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds, 
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting with their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free. 

--Wendell Berry


The miracle is not to walk on 
water. The miracle is to walk
on the green earth in the 
present moment, to appreciate
the peace and beauty that 
are available now. There is 
no enlightenment outside of
daily life. 

--Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment